It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared prices regularly saved over $865 a year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is why you’re reading this, then understanding how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier.
Really, the only way to find affordable car insurance rates in Mesa is to compare prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in Arizona.
First, learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Getting a more affordable price on insurance is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing rates online from several insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Mesa, AZ. To find cheap auto insurance in Mesa, AZ, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,106||$553||$92|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$760||$380||$63|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$994||$497||$83|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$876||$438||$73|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$896||$448||$75|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$780||$390||$65|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$876||$438||$73|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$952||$476||$79|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,030||$515||$86|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$972||$486||$81|
|Toyota Camry SE||$952||$476||$79|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$972||$486||$81|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$916||$458||$76|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can influence price quotes greatly.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Arizona is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do you qualify for discounts on car insurance?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Mesa Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow companies to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers living away from Mesa attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Mesa, click this link.
Compare prices but still have a local Mesa insurance agent
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Mesa.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Mesa car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you’re trying to find a local agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Mesa that can possibly get you price quote information.
- Wong Insurance Agency LLC dba GlobalGreen Insurance Agency of Mesa
66 S Dobson Rd # 131 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (602) 758-1672 – View Map
- ABI Insurance LLC
7165 E University Dr #170 – Mesa, AZ 85207 – (480) 921-3400 – View Map
- The Adams Agency
3851 E Main St – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 924-2600 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Mesa that can give you price quotes.
- Marge Black-Graziano – State Farm Insurance Agent
1155 S Power Rd #106 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 832-5355 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cameron Berrett
5052 S Power Rd #104 – Mesa, AZ 85212 – (480) 454-7518 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Mike Stapley
4850 E Baseline Rd Ste 101 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 503-4400 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Mesa?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Mesa?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Mesa?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to your questions and a good coverage price, you may have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Which auto insurance company is best in Mesa?
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Mesa. The ranking data displayed below may help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Affordable car insurance rates are possible
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices and even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Some car insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Mesa can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Mesa agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for car insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheap Mesa car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)