It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who shop around at least once a year are very likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared quotes saved over $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on Dodge Ram insurance is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to quote and compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
The most effective way to find better pricing on Dodge Ram insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies in Mesa.
- It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like distracted driving and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An essential thing to point out is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
The quickest way to compare rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Mesa is to realize almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as driver ages, if you require a SR-22, how much coverage you want, and whether you are single or married. Your rating data is automatically sent to many different companies and you will get price comparisons quickly.
To find lower affordable Dodge Ram insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. To get cheaper auto insurance in Mesa, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Get lower-cost rates with discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some need to be inquired about before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Mesa auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current Ram insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Resident Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Mesa and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, type of vehicle, professional/association, and multi-car.
- Nationwide discounts include family plan, good student, multi-policy, business or organization, and defensive driving.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
If you need affordable Mesa auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Rates and data analysis
The table shown below outlines estimates of prices for Dodge Ram models. Being aware of how rate quotes are established can help you make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$164||$202||$444||$26||$132||$968||$81|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$184||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$184||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$184||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$184||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$184||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$184||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$184||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$184||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$206||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,098||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$206||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,098||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$206||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,098||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$206||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,098||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$206||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,098||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$206||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,098||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$206||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,098||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$206||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,098||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$206||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,098||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$206||$334||$444||$26||$132||$1,142||$95|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$206||$334||$444||$26||$132||$1,142||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can change premium rates considerably.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Dodge Ram insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $800 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Smart Consumers Know How to Find Auto Insurance More Affordably
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Urban residents pay more – Having an address in a small town can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Being married can lower prices – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Lower performance equals lower insurance prices – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following chart is based on a married male driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Dodge Ram policy rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
Too many claims drive up auto insurance rates – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Arizona give the best rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Men tend to take more risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lower premiums for safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Dodge Ram scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Getting quotes from local Mesa insurance agencies
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Mesa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Mesa that can provide free Mesa auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
The following are Mesa car insurance companies who can help you get rate quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Mesa.
Allstate Insurance: John Lawlor
4710 E Falcon Dr Ste 111 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 807-0675 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Michael Grizzle
1119 E University Dr – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 834-1233 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Brent D. Henningson
5540 E Broadway Rd Ste 6 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 830-0046 – View Map
Scott Urry – State Farm Insurance Agent
5524 E Baseline Rd – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 969-9155 – View Map
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in Mesa should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which family members are covered?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Arizona?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Smart consumers save more
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Dodge Ram insurance in Mesa. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Discount Dodge Ram insurance in Mesa is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Mesa agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Mesa Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)