Sad but true, nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,578, drivers can cut their rates by approximately $730 a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The easiest way to get budget car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Mesa.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information like whether you have decent credit, if a SR-22 is needed, coverage limits, and marital status. The rating information is automatically sent to insurance companies and they respond with quotes very quickly.
To check rates for your Volvo V90 now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Arizona. To get cheap auto insurance in Mesa, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Mesa insurance agents?
A lot of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get lower premium rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is still important in Mesa.
After completing this short form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Mesa who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agencies are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Mesa that may be able to give price quote information.
Wong Insurance Agency LLC dba GlobalGreen Insurance Agency of Mesa
66 S Dobson Rd # 131 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (602) 758-1672 – View Map
3950 E Broadway Rd # 102 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 964-2400 – View Map
Canyon Lands Insurance
3654 N Power Rd # 146 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 288-5900 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Mesa that can give you price quotes.
Farmers Insurance – David Hovde
157 W Main St – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 966-6209 – View Map
Ed Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
3035 S Ellsworth Rd #112 – Mesa, AZ 85212 – (480) 832-3878 – View Map
Roger Downey – State Farm Insurance Agent
2220 S Country Club Dr #100 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 892-6079 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Mesa?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
After receiving acceptable answers to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.