To save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Volvo S60 insurance in Mesa is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Arizona. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Arizona drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Our goal is to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate and how you can save the most money. If you already have coverage, you will be able to reduce premiums using these methods. You just have to know the best way to compare rates using one simple form.
Earn discounts on Mesa auto insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Mesa car insurance online.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, membership and employees, driver training, air bags, military active duty, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, drive less, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good student, passive restraint, multiple autos, anti-theft, driver’s education, and multiple policy.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, claim-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century discounts include student driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, teen driver, 55 and older, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Mesa.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Volvo S60.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/10 in Arizona), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This can cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/10 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like attorney fees, court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your S60 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your S60 to bring the cost down.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to compare Volvo S60 insurance prices in Mesa. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Volvo S60 insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Lower-priced Volvo S60 insurance in Mesa is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Mesa agents, so you need to shop Mesa car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)