Really, the only way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Mesa is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Arizona. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Golf insurance. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Remarkably, a study showed that about 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Arizona drivers can save roughly $730 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Mesa seems hard but is not really that difficult. Practically each driver who is looking for a better price on insurance should be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, Arizona consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Mesa takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is provide information such as if it has an alarm system, distance driven, your education level, and whether you are married. Your rating data is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes immediately.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Mesa.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Mesa, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable Volkswagen Golf insurance rates in Mesa
Insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked about before they will apply.
- No Claim Discounts – Mesa drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Mesa auto insurance quote when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Golf insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Golf car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for business and professional, mature driver, youthful driver, teen driver, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, multiple policy, good driver, anti-theft, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for safe driver, drive less, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new vehicle discount, new graduate, safety features, newly married, teen driver discount, and preferred payment discount.
When quoting, ask every company the best way to save money. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. To choose providers who offer discounts in Arizona, click here.
Coverage statistics and figures
The price information shown below highlights different insurance rates for Volkswagen Golf models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance policy rates are established can aid in making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$164||$290||$392||$24||$118||$988||$82|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$184||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$184||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,052||$88|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$184||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect rates considerably.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Volkswagen Golf insurance costs for different age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Golf annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no written rule of when to phase out comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Golf replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Best car insurance company in Mesa
Choosing the top car insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Arizona. The company rank data in the next section may help you pick which car insurance providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
City traffic equals higher premiums – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Arizona areas regularly have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Your occupation and car insurance rates – Occupational choices like military generals, executives, and emergency personnel generally have higher rates than average in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs like actors, historians and performers get better rates.
Higher premiums for car insurance lapses – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time.
Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If the Volkswagen Golf earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Premiums drop with age – More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Men are more aggressive – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Golf car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
The type of vehicle you drive affects your rates – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The data below is based on a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Volkswagen Golf insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
Credit history impact car insurance costs – Having a good credit rating factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Volkswagen Golf by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Golf – Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volkswagen Golf vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years