Inconceivable but true, most drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Arizona could pocket approximately $730 a year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to go online and compare rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Volkswagen Eos insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who sell auto insurance in Mesa. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to look at every insurance company. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Shopping for the lowest cost policy in Mesa is not as hard as you think. Shoppers only need an understanding of the quickest method to compare company rates instantly.
Getting more affordable Volkswagen Eos auto insurance pricing can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes to get quotes online from several insurance companies.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Mesa, AZ. To locate cheap auto insurance in AZ, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Rates and other information
The coverage table displayed next highlights different coverage costs for Volkswagen Eos models. Being aware of how insurance prices are figured is important to be able to make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$262||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$262||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower price quotes considerably.
Volkswagen Eos insurance premiums by gender in Mesa
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Eos insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Eos insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Eos settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Mesa, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Eos, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Volkswagen Eos and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance rates and discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Mesa car insurance online.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from Mesa attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get better insurance rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a lower insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Eos insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you are trying to find cheaper Mesa car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts may not be offered in Mesa. To find providers who offer free Volkswagen Eos insurance quotes in Arizona, click here.
Are insurance agencies of importance?
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important especially in Mesa.
By using this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of Mesa car insurance agents
If you want to use a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always compare prices from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Mesa that can give you pricing information.
- ABI Insurance LLC
7165 E University Dr #170 – Mesa, AZ 85207 – (480) 921-3400 – View Map
- Diamond Insurance Agency
1933 W Main St # 5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
- Bryant Insurance Agency, LLC
2941 N Power Rd Suite 101 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 448-1555 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Mesa that can give you price quotes.
- Jim Shepard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1725 E University Dr – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 964-8173 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Tony Huberty Agency Inc.
1830 S Alma School Rd Ste 126 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 413-0231 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Brian Johnson Agency Inc.
3660 E University Dr Ste 3 – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 634-7039 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Auto insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Eos to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as prosthetic devices, nursing services, dental work, surgery and doctor visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Volkswagen Eos.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Coverage for liability
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 15/30/10 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, hitting a deer and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
How to find a good Arizona car insurance company
Ending up with the best auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The information below can help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like poor customer service, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
You just read a lot of ways to find cheaper Volkswagen Eos insurance in Mesa. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Mesa car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When searching for affordable Mesa car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)