How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced Mercury Mariner insurance in Mesa? Searching for better insurance prices for your Mercury Mariner in Arizona can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes for a Mercury and find the lowest price from both online companies and Mesa agents.
Mesa car insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Data – Mesa drivers who agree to allow their company to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Student in College – College-age children living away from Mesa attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Mercury Mariner insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, federal employee, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including exclusive group savings, safety features, new move discount, newly married, and teen driver discount.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good student
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
Double check with every company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Mesa. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Mesa, click here.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is surprisingly easy. You just need to spend a few minutes to get quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Mercury Mariner rate quotes.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Arizona. To locate cheap car insurance in Mesa, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The data table displayed next covers a range of insurance coverage prices for Mercury Mariner models. Having a good understanding how insurance policy premiums are formulated can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mariner Premier 2WD||$210||$388||$344||$20||$102||$1,064||$89|
|Mariner Hybrid 2WD||$210||$456||$404||$24||$122||$1,216||$101|
|Mariner Premier AWD||$236||$388||$344||$20||$102||$1,090||$91|
|Mariner Hybrid AWD||$236||$456||$404||$24||$122||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease premiums substantially.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Mercury Mariner auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Mercury Mariner replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Cheap premiums for being claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Arizona award discounts to people who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Big cities mean more claims – Living in a rural area is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mercury Mariner scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Your job can affect rates – Careers like military generals, architects, and medical professionals generally pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and long work days. Conversely, jobs like professors, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following data uses these assumptions: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Mercury Mariner rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
How much insurance do I need?
When buying a policy, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arizona?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
When do I need to get advice from an insurance agent?
Some consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Mesa.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Listed below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Mesa that may be able to provide price quotes for Mercury Mariner insurance in Mesa.
- American Family Insurance – Mike Stapley
4850 E Baseline Rd Ste 101 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 503-4400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Henriquez
848 S Alma School Rd #9 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 777-7820 – View Map
- Access Auto Insurance
1933 W Main St #5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
- Bruce Hoerner – State Farm Insurance Agent
1731 W Baseline Rd #106 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (480) 839-5033 – View Map
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Mesa, get answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If they are an independent agency in Mesa, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Arizona
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mariner with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Mercury at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Mercury Mariner insurance in Mesa. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to quoting cheaper Mercury Mariner insurance in Mesa
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable Mercury Mariner insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in Mesa. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
An important note is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Mesa Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Mesa Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)