Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who shop around for better prices are highly likely to switch insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Buick Rainier insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to shop and compare insurance rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Mesa. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for ideas to prevent high rates and earn a bigger discount.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View companies
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Rainier insurance. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Finding quotes for the cheapest insurance policy in Mesa is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or just want to save money, use these cost-cutting techniques to find the best rates without reducing protection. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the best way to compare price quotes online.
How do Insurers Determine Buick Rainier Insurance Rates?
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Is auto insurance cheaper for women or men? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. They also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Don’t abuse claims – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Arizona provide the best rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Traffic violations cost more than a fine – Just one moving violation can increase rates substantially. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. People who have multiple citations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
Bad credit will cost you – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Buick Rainier if you improve your credit rating.
Big city or small town – Having an address in a small town may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers who live in large Arizona cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commute times. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
Cutting your auto insurance rates can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to invest a little time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. To find the best car insurance in Mesa, AZ, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Rainier in Mesa, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Buick with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Buick at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be significant discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Mesa Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies give discounts for signing up early. You could save around 10% when you buy Mesa auto insurance online.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies provide a small discount simply for signing on your computer.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course teaching driver safety skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, driver training, military active duty, good student, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for annual mileage, ease of repair, good driver, low natural disaster claims, professional/association, location of vehicle, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, youthful driver, teen driver, pay in full, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include group or association, multi-policy, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new vehicle discount, newly retired, safety features, good student, and new move discount.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, accident prevention training, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers discounts for vehicle storage, multi-policy, safe driver, military installation, and annual mileage.
When quoting, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Mesa.
When to contact an agent
Many drivers still like to talk to an insurance agent. Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agents is still important in Mesa.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Mesa who will give you bids for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Mesa for you
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Mesa can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Mesa who can help you get rate quotes.
- Jayson Hoffer Insurance Agency
1930 South Alma School Road A101 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 948-6115 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Isakson Ins Agency Inc
1819 E Southern Ave, Ste E20 – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 888-0318 – View Map
- Canyon Lands Insurance
3654 N Power Rd # 146 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 288-5900 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Mesa willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Brent D. Henningson
5540 E Broadway Rd Ste 6 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 830-0046 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Tony Huberty Agency Inc.
1830 S Alma School Rd Ste 126 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 413-0231 – View Map
- Donna Kohlhase – State Farm Insurance Agent
6836 E Brown Rd #101 – Mesa, AZ 85207 – (480) 396-2140 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Buick Rainier?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can compare Buick Rainier insurance rates in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Mesa auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies. Affordable Buick Rainier insurance in Mesa can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Mesa, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
More information is available below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)