A recent insurance study discovered that most drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,600, drivers could pocket 50% a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper Saturn Ion insurance in Mesa is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Arizona. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Mesa. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to point out is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Mesa can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you currently have insurance, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using these methods. Although Arizona car owners must learn how big insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding the best rates.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Mesa, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get lower-cost Saturn Ion insurance in Mesa with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow companies to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Early Switch Discount – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Mesa car insurance online.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount when getting a Mesa car insurance quote.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount should help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see insurance companies who offer online Saturn Ion insurance quotes in Arizona, follow this link.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Saturn Ion, most banks will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Saturn. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Saturn as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Mesa car insurance companies
Buying coverage from a good quality insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Mesa. The company information displayed below can help you analyze which auto insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Local Mesa insurance agencies
Some people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Mesa that can provide free Mesa car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
The difference between Mesa car insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agents in Mesa can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive agents in Mesa who may provide you with price quote information.
Ed Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
3035 S Ellsworth Rd #112 – Mesa, AZ 85212 – (480) 832-3878 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Angela Williams Agency, Mesa, AZ
9221 E Baseline Rd Ste A106 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 354-6300 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you should always contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Mesa who can help you get price quote information.