It’s hard to believe, but 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the United States could save $859 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Mesa. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article gives ideas to help keep prices low and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Astra coverage is available in Mesa. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Make sure you put the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Mesa is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the concepts covered in this article. Smart buyers only have to learn the most effective way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Many insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Comparing Saturn Astra insurance rates online is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in your required coverages into the form. Once entered, their rating system orders your credit score and driving record and quotes a price determined by many factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Saturn Astra insurance in Mesa makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to do this if you want to find the lowest payment possible.
To use this form to compare rates, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Mesa, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Safety – Passing a defensive driver class may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current Astra insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select car insurance companies reward you with a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Mesa car insurance but check with your company.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Mesa car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Mesa can earn you a little savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Raise your coverage deductibles for better rates – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a dented fender, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Your address can impact premiums – Residing in less populated areas is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers tend to have more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car or truck you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums are generally reserved for economy passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience are known to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Insurance claims cost money – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Arizona provide the lowest premiums to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Buying auto insurance from Mesa auto insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Mesa should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want to use a local Mesa insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance agencies are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Mesa who may provide you with price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Cameron Berrett
5052 S Power Rd #104 – Mesa, AZ 85212 – (480) 454-7518 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Brian Johnson Agency Inc.
3660 E University Dr Ste 3 – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 634-7039 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Angela Williams Agency, Mesa, AZ
9221 E Baseline Rd Ste A106 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 354-6300 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Mesa willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jeff Klusmann Insurance Agency
1955 N Val Vista Dr – Mesa, AZ 85213 – (480) 830-0080 – View Map
- Arizona Federal Insurance Solutions and The Arizona Group
1125 E Southern Ave – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 892-8755 – View Map
- Cook Insurance Inc.
7255 E Hampton Ave #107a – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 986-1117 – View Map
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Affordable auto insurance is out there
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned many ways to get a better price on Saturn Astra insurance in Mesa. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Mesa Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)