If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Mesa is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Arizona.
- Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations and a negative credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who perform rate comparisons are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding low prices for Pontiac Solstice insurance is your target objective, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance rates can help make the process easier.
Our objective is to help you learn how car insurance companies work and some money-saving tips. If you have coverage now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the following tips. Nevertheless, Arizona vehicle owners do need to understand the way companies charge you for coverage because it varies considerably.
What Affects Pontiac Solstice Insurance Prices?
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Cheaper premiums with safer cars – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Your age impacts your premiums – Inexperience drivers are proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a young driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Older people are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Stress out and pay more – Occupations like military personnel, architects, and dentists are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as actors, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Your location is a factor – Choosing to live in a rural area is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims.
- Married people drive safer – Having a spouse may save some money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Minor frequent insurance claims are not good – Auto insurance companies in Arizona provide discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
When comparison shopping, more quotes gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Arizona. To locate cheaper car insurance in Mesa, AZ, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac Solstice in Mesa, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac Solstice has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Pontiac gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Arizona is wasting up to $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You may qualify for discounts for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Mesa
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current Solstice insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Mesa car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Some companies that have some of the discounts shown above are:
Check with each company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply in Mesa. For a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes in Mesa, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Mesa.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Mesa who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does their agency support local causes in Mesa?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
Best car insurance in Mesa
Picking the best auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Arizona. The company rank data in the lists below could help you pick which insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Persistence will pay off
More affordable auto insurance in Mesa can be bought both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and many times these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Pontiac Solstice insurance rates in Mesa. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Mesa car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When searching for the cheapest Pontiac Solstice rate quotes, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at these sites:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)