Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Pontiac Grand Prix in Arizona can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Pontiac and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and Mesa agents.
Comparison shopping for the most affordable car insurance in Mesa is not as difficult as people think. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, follow these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Drivers only have to learn the most time-saving way to compare different rates from multiple carriers.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Mesa, AZ. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Mesa, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Pontiac Grand Prix insurance discounts in Mesa
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up prior to your current Grand Prix insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Mesa car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Grand Prix insurance in Mesa.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts should help reduce your auto insurance premiums.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, good student, multiple autos, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, multi-car, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find affordable Pontiac Grand Prix insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Comparing rates from local Mesa insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent. Licensed agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Mesa.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Mesa car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Shown below is a short list of insurance companies in Mesa that are able to give price quote information for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Mesa.
- Cook Insurance Inc.
7255 E Hampton Ave #107a – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 986-1117 – View Map
- Canyon Lands Insurance
3654 N Power Rd # 146 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 288-5900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Grizzle
1119 E University Dr – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 834-1233 – View Map
- ABI Insurance LLC
7165 E University Dr #170 – Mesa, AZ 85207 – (480) 921-3400 – View Map
Deciding on a company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Mesa, get answers to these questions.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
It’s not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Listed below are some of the things used by companies to determine prices.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
What are your coverage deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Pontiac from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken side mirror, hail damage, and having your car stolen. The deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
You may save more by consolidating policies – Most insurance companies allow a discount to customers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Continuous auto insurance coverage saves money – Driving any period of time without insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage can result in a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona DMV.
Be proud to be claim-free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Arizona generally give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Defend yourself with liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage when you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Get better rates if married – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your policy. It may mean you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Choosing Pontiac vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Pontiac Grand Prix has a lienholder, almost every bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart shoppers get results
We’ve covered many ideas to reduce Pontiac Grand Prix insurance prices online in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Mesa
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save on car insurance rates in Mesa is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in Arizona.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as careless driving and a poor credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Grand Prix coverage is available in Mesa. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional information is available below:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)