It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who compare price quotes will presumably switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. A study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Mesa is the reason you’re reading this, knowing how to shop for coverages can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Mesa is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Arizona. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Make sure you put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to try to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Quoting and buying cheaper coverage in Mesa is actually quite simple. Just about every driver who is overpaying for insurance should find better rates. Although Arizona car owners should learn the way insurance companies set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to get cheap Toyota Yaris insurance in Mesa, Arizona
To get cheaper Mesa auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Arizona. One of the best ways to do a complete rate comparison consists of shopping online. It’s important to know that more quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Mesa, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Toyota Yaris
Even though Mesa Yaris insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Toyota, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Yaris definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Detailed insurance information
The rate information shown below highlights estimates of policy rates for Toyota Yaris models. Learning how insurance rates are determined can help you make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$114||$226||$348||$20||$104||$812||$68|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$114||$226||$308||$18||$92||$758||$63|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$114||$226||$308||$18||$92||$758||$63|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$130||$226||$348||$20||$104||$828||$69|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$130||$226||$308||$18||$92||$774||$65|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$130||$226||$308||$18||$92||$774||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Mesa which can impact coverage rates substantially.
Gender-based car insurance premiums in Mesa
The example below shows the difference between Toyota Yaris car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Yaris annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no written rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Yaris claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Don’t overlook these Toyota Yaris insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Club Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on insurance.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Mesa Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below shows the difference between Toyota Yaris car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Arizona, follow this link.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local agencies is important especially in Mesa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free Mesa auto insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive and independent Mesa auto insurance agents
When researching a local Mesa insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents in Mesa can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Mesa who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Wilson Insurance
3950 E Broadway Rd # 102 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 964-2400 – View Map
- The Adams Agency
3851 E Main St – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 924-2600 – View Map
- Ayala Insurance Service, LLC
830 W Southern Ave #10 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 844-1555 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same agent partially due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Mesa willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Pete Rivera – State Farm Insurance Agent
104 W Main St – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 964-1766 – View Map
- Vandy Ford – State Farm Insurance Agent
6938 E Parkway Norte #2 – Mesa, AZ 85212 – (480) 497-3933 – View Map
- Aaron McDermid – State Farm Insurance Agent
10720 E Southern Ave #105 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 984-3311 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Mesa should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Mesa?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Upon receiving satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and low cost Toyota Yaris insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a specific company with no way out.
Persistence will pay off
You just read many tips how you can lower your Toyota Yaris insurance car insurance rates in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
The cheapest Toyota Yaris insurance in Mesa can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Mesa auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Mesa Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)