If you are new to getting Mesa auto insurance quotes online, it’s easy to be confused by the diversity of companies selling insurance in Mesa.
How to find lower priced Saab 9-7X insurance in Mesa
The recommended way to find low-cost prices for Saab 9-7X insurance in Mesa is to compare prices once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Arizona. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who do rate comparisons will most likely buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding better rates. A study discovered that people who routinely shopped around saved $72 a month compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance is why you’re here, understanding the best ways to shop for car insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year since insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best rate on Saab 9-7X insurance in Mesa last year there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the proper way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
To get the cheapest Saab 9-7X rate quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from different companies. The fastest way to lower the rate you pay for Saab 9-7X insurance consists of shopping online. It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons helps you find better pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Saab 9-7X, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Saab at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Saab but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $750 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that are used to determine your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
The list below includes some of the things used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Bump up deductibles to lower rates – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Saab. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Too many insurance claims drive up insurance rates – Companies in Arizona provide the best rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- How many miles do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your 9-7X may be wasting your money. Verify your insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Never let your insurance expire – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
- Accidents cost more than a fine – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Discounts for cheap car insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application over the internet.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Mesa auto insurance quote when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, early bird, and air bags.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, accident-free, defensive driving, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, accident-free, good student, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy
- 21st Century includes discounts for driver training, automatic seat belts, homeowners, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, homeowner, multi-car, mature driver, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, farm vehicle, senior citizen, economy car, FullPay discount, and passive restraint.
Double check with every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To see insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Mesa, click here.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Mesa.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a local Mesa insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Mesa that can possibly get you price quote information.
- Cook Insurance Inc.
7255 E Hampton Ave #107a – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 986-1117 – View Map
- Imes Insurance Associates
2045 S Vineyard #152 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 820-2020 – View Map
- Diamond Insurance Agency
1933 W Main St # 5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Many people use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are Mesa exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Kevin Shelton
2651 W Guadalupe Rd #102 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (480) 718-9498 – View Map
- Phil Borgia – State Farm Insurance Agent
1635 N Greenfield Rd #1 – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 981-8681 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – David Hovde
157 W Main St – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 966-6209 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is there a local claims center in Mesa?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
If you get satisfactory answers to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Shop smart and save
Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies. Cheaper Saab 9-7X insurance in Mesa is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, unfair underwriting practices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is easier than you think.
Steps to finding affordable Saab 9-7X insurance in Mesa
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost Saab 9-7X insurance in Mesa is to regularly compare prices from insurers who provide auto insurance in Arizona.
- Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Mesa Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Mesa Auto Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)