Everyone knows that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who compare rates annually will presumably move their business because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Lincoln MKX insurance is the reason you’re here, knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
To save the most money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Mesa is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Arizona.
Step 1: Read and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on MKX insurance. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the ideas presented in this article. This article will familiarize you with how insurance works and some money-saving tips. But Arizona consumers must learn the way companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Lincoln MKX insurance in Arizona
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Arizona. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Mesa, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance data for a Lincoln MKX
The coverage information shown below showcases a range of coverage costs for Lincoln MKX models. Understanding more about how car insurance premiums are established can be of help when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Mesa which can change prices considerably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Lincoln MKX insurance costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Cautious drivers save money
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders impact Lincoln MKX insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKX premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Lower Your Mesa Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you big savings.
- Certain occupations pay higher premiums – Occupations such as lawyers, executives, and medical professionals usually pay higher premium rates due to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations like professors, students and performers receive lower rates.
- Always have insurance – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The data below is based on a married female driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Lincoln MKX policy rates compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Youthful vs. older drivers – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers are proven to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Low mileage costs less – The higher the miles on your Lincoln every year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your MKX can cost quite a bit. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Lincoln MKX claim data – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when setting rates for each model. Models that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The data below shows the historical loss data for Lincoln MKX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lincoln MKX Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKX 4dr 2WD 77 80 67 66 81 78 Lincoln MKX 4dr 4WD 86 91 92 76 79 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer many discounts on Lincoln MKX insurance in Mesa
Auto insurance companies don’t list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Mesa auto insurance online.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to track their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKX auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The information is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, passive restraint, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, air bags, anti-theft, defensive driver, daytime running lights, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, multi-car, newly retired, good student, and newly married.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, driver training, bundle, good student, air bag, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student, good driver
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered in Mesa.
Local Mesa auto insurance agents and auto insurance
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Mesa?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
If you would like to find a good Mesa insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Mesa agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Mesa willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Roger Downey – State Farm Insurance Agent
2220 S Country Club Dr #100 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 892-6079 – View Map
- Cie Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
2801 E McKellips Rd – Mesa, AZ 85213 – (480) 830-1513 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cameron Berrett
5052 S Power Rd #104 – Mesa, AZ 85212 – (480) 454-7518 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Mesa that can give you price quote information.
- Arizona Federal Insurance Solutions and The Arizona Group
1125 E Southern Ave – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 892-8755 – View Map
- Diamond Insurance Agency
1933 W Main St # 5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
- Max Insurance Agency Mesa | Life Insurance | Motorcycle Insurance
1130 W University Dr #117 – Meza, AZ 85201 – (480) 247-7418 – View Map
If you get acceptable answers to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Budget-conscious Lincoln MKX insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local Mesa insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer internet price quotes and these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
As you quote Mesa auto insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More detailed insurance information is located in these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)