It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around for the cheapest price are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a policy with better rates. A study discovered that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $70 a month as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Mesa is your ultimate target, then understanding how to shop and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Mesa.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for instructions to find cheap prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Nitro insurance in Mesa. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Be sure to place your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Shopping around for the most affordable car insurance policy in Mesa is not as confusing as people think. But Arizona car owners should learn how insurance companies determine what you pay because rates fluctuate considerably.
Companies offering Dodge Nitro insurance in Arizona
The following companies offer quotes in Arizona. If you want cheap auto insurance in Mesa, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Dodge Nitro detailed coverage information
The premium information shown next covers detailed analysis of prices for Dodge Nitro models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance prices are established is important to be able to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$160||$254||$346||$20||$104||$884||$74|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$160||$254||$346||$20||$104||$884||$74|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$182||$254||$346||$20||$104||$906||$76|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$182||$254||$346||$20||$104||$906||$76|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$182||$254||$346||$20||$104||$906||$76|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$182||$308||$346||$20||$104||$960||$80|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$182||$308||$346||$20||$104||$960||$80|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$182||$308||$346||$20||$104||$960||$80|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$182||$308||$346||$20||$104||$960||$80|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$206||$308||$346||$20||$104||$984||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase premiums significantly.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can raise Dodge Nitro premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Dodge Nitro liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Nitro annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Nitro book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next insurance statement.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance on a new Nitro can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Mesa and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will lower the cost of coverage.
The chart below compares Dodge Nitro annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, driver training, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for annual mileage, good student, anti-theft, location of vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, military active duty, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and education and occupation.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, multiple policy, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply in every state. To find insurers that offer many of these discounts in Mesa, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Mesa car insurance agents?
Some people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and also buy local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is especially important in Mesa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Mesa that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Mesa
When finding a local agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Mesa may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Mesa that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Canyon Lands Insurance
3654 N Power Rd # 146 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 288-5900 – View Map
- Oasis Insurance
30 N Gilbert Rd – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 649-8001 – View Map
- Max Insurance Agency Mesa | Life Insurance | Motorcycle Insurance
1130 W University Dr #117 – Meza, AZ 85201 – (480) 247-7418 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Mesa who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Brent D. Henningson
5540 E Broadway Rd Ste 6 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 830-0046 – View Map
- Manuel Ramirez – State Farm Insurance Agent
911 N Country Club Dr – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 964-7777 – View Map
- Aaron McDermid – State Farm Insurance Agent
10720 E Southern Ave #105 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 984-3311 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Mesa?
Quote often and quote early
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper insurance in Mesa is definitely available both online and with local Mesa insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how to find lower-cost Dodge Nitro insurance in Mesa. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Mesa auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Mesa Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Car Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)