Being forced to pay for expensive insurance premiums can dry up your savings and force you to make tough financial choices. Performing a price comparison can help to cut your insurance bill.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are likely to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Audi Q5 insurance in Mesa is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to compare coverage rates can make the process more efficient. With so many insurance companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the cheapest insurance provider.
Which Audi Q5 insurance is cheapest in Mesa, Arizona?
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Protect more than your Audi vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi Q5 insurance, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Q5, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to save money.
Audi Q5 insurance analysis
The rate table shown below outlines different insurance costs for Audi Q5 models. Having knowledge of how insurance rates are figured is important for making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q5 3.2 Premium AWD||$332||$632||$392||$24||$118||$1,498||$125|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus AWD||$370||$632||$392||$24||$118||$1,536||$128|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus S-Line AWD||$370||$632||$392||$24||$118||$1,536||$128|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige AWD||$370||$716||$392||$24||$118||$1,620||$135|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige S-Line AWD||$370||$716||$392||$24||$118||$1,620||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Information does not factor in garaging location in Mesa which can modify price quotes considerably.
Careless Mesa drivers pay higher rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders increase Audi Q5 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Audi Q5 liability-only versus full coverage
The information below shows the difference between Audi Q5 car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for eliminating full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Audi Q5 book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Audi Q5 insurance in Mesa
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Mesa auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Mesa auto insurance quote. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower rates.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Distant Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Mesa and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your insurance premiums.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Audi Q5 insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, good driver, anti-theft, multiple autos, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Travelers may offer discounts for home ownership, early quote, multi-policy, multi-car, payment discounts, and save driver.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, Steer into Savings, good student, multi-vehicle, accident-free, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for teen driver discount, newly married, preferred payment discount, new move discount, and newly retired.
If you want cheaper Mesa auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your state. For a list of insurance companies who offer free Audi Q5 insurance quotes in Mesa, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Mesa car insurance agent
A small number of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent. Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in Mesa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Mesa who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Mesa will have answers to these questions.
- How often do they review coverages?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price.
Cheap Audi Q5 insurance in Mesa can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Mesa, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Audi Q5 insurance in Mesa
It takes a little time, but the best way to find more affordable Audi Q5 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers that insure vehicles in Mesa. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, read and learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like your driving record and poor credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Find a Mesa insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Mesa. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Mesa? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)