The best way we recommend to get low-cost Acura RLX insurance in Mesa is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and a poor credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides instructions to help prevent costly coverage and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of insureds in Arizona have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. drivers could save almost $850 every year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Choosing the best rates in Mesa is not rocket science. If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, use these techniques to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Consumers only need an understanding of the tricks to compare different rates from many different companies online.
Companies offering Acura RLX insurance in Arizona
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Arizona. If you want cheap car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Get cheaper Acura RLX insurance in Mesa with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- E-sign – Many companies will give a small break get Mesa car insurance digitally online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Mesa car insurance depending on your company.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, good student, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for ease of repair, location of vehicle, good student, professional/association, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for Farm Bureau membership, good student, business or organization, family plan, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, good student, education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask every company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Mesa. To view car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Mesa, follow this link.
Six Things That Determine Your Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors that factor into prices.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a good credit rating is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Acura RLX by improving your rating. Insureds with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower ratings.
Theft deterrents lower premiums – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Good drivers pay the best rates – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Just one citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
Always keep your auto insurance in force – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage will get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Arizona motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Bundling policies can get discounts – Many companies apply lower prices to buyers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It’s possible to still save money by splitting coverages up.
Frequent claims increase prices – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Arizona award most affordable rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Acura RLX claim data – Car insurance companies use statistical claims data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the historical loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
Some consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How long has the business existed?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can sell insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Mesa who can help you get comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Brian Johnson Agency Inc.
3660 E University Dr Ste 3 – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 634-7039 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brent D. Henningson
5540 E Broadway Rd Ste 6 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 830-0046 – View Map
- Jim Shepard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1725 E University Dr – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 964-8173 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, you should always compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent agencies in Mesa willing to provide price quote information.
- Arizona Federal Insurance Solutions and The Arizona Group
1125 E Southern Ave – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 892-8755 – View Map
- Diamond Insurance Agency
1933 W Main St # 5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
- Oasis Insurance
30 N Gilbert Rd – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 649-8001 – View Map
Arizona car insurance company ratings
Picking a high-quality car insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Mesa. The rank data listed below could help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Quote often and quote early
Some companies do not offer online quoting and these regional carriers sell through independent agencies. Discount Acura RLX insurance can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
You just learned some good ideas how you can get a better price on Acura RLX insurance in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Mesa car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Much more information about insurance in Arizona can be found on the following sites:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)