Looking for low-cost Lexus IS 250 insurance in Mesa? Frustrated by the dozens of auto insurance providers in Mesa? Many other people are as well. You have such a vast assortment of providers available that it is a ton of work to lower your premium rates for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Mesa. Everyone knows Mesa is the perfect city to reside in, but expensive auto insurance makes it very hard to pay other bills every month.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Mesa
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Lexus IS 250 insurance in Mesa is to compare prices once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Arizona. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Mesa. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Be sure to store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This provides a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who compare rates once a year are likely to switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that people who compared rates annually saved on average $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is your intention, then knowing the best way to shop and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier.
This information will instruct you on the most effective ways to compare rates and how you can save the most money. If you currently have auto insurance, you will be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Although Arizona consumers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies compete online because it varies considerably.
First Step: Get free Lexus IS 250 insurance quotes
When comparing car insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find a better price.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Mesa, AZ. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Mesa, AZ, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance statistics and figures
The coverage information below covers different insurance coverage prices for Lexus IS 250 models. Having a good grasp of how policy rates are calculated can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$362||$244||$14||$74||$860||$72|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$184||$362||$244||$14||$74||$878||$73|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$184||$362||$288||$18||$86||$938||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific Mesa garaging location which can change rates considerably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lexus IS 250 car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Lexus IS 250 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Get cheaper Lexus IS 250 insurance rates in Mesa
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to track where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Lexus could be rewarded with cheaper insurance rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Lexus IS 250 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple policy, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance may include discounts for claim free, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, newly married, multi-policy, safety features, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, and new move discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for air bags, safe vehicle, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and group or association.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, driver training, anti-theft, federal employee, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
When getting free Mesa car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Arizona
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, most lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Lexus gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $855 a year so shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Should I buy only the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Mesa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is transmitted to companies in Mesa who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When searching for a good Mesa insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Mesa that may be able to give you pricing information.
- The Adams Agency
3851 E Main St – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 924-2600 – View Map
- Kohlhase Insurance
6550 E Main St – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 832-8370 – View Map
- ABI Insurance LLC
7165 E University Dr #170 – Mesa, AZ 85207 – (480) 921-3400 – View Map
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Mesa that are able to give rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Angela Williams Agency, Mesa, AZ
9221 E Baseline Rd Ste A106 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 354-6300 – View Map
- Thomas Cho – State Farm Insurance Agent
2500 E Southern Ave – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 777-1100 – View Map
- Aaron McDermid – State Farm Insurance Agent
10720 E Southern Ave #105 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 984-3311 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How often do they review coverages?
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, falling objects, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, ambulance fees, surgery, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/10 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like loss of income, bail bonds and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10 in Arizona), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your IS 250 resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your IS 250 to save money on collision insurance.