The easiest way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in Mesa.
Step 1: Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for tips to prevent rate hikes and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Soul insurance. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Be sure to store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who do rate comparisons will probably buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Mesa is your target objective, knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
What Determines Kia Soul Insurance Costs?
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find big savings.
The items below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Young drivers in Arizona are known to be inattentive in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a youthful driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Being married pays dividends – Your spouse can actually save you money on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Insure your auto and home with one company – Lots of insurance companies afford better rates to buyers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Costs go up with performance – The type of vehicle you own makes a big difference in your premium level. The best insurance prices will generally be found on small economy passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Kia Soul insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
Claims statistics for a Kia Soul – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher premium rate.
The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Soul vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Kia Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
All major car insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing on their websites. Getting Kia Soul insurance prices online is easy for anyone as you just type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. When complete, their system orders your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. Getting online rates for Kia Soul insurance in Mesa makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find lower-cost car insurance pricing.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you’re receiving rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Mesa, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Kia Soul detailed coverage information
The premium information displayed below outlines detailed analysis of insurance costs for Kia Soul models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance premiums are figured can benefit drivers when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise prices noticeably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Kia Soul insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact rule of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Soul replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Three good reasons to insure your Kia Soul
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Mesa, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper Kia Soul insurance in Mesa with discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before being credited.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Mesa auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple cars on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Kia Soul car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- American Family may include discounts for accident-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- AAA has savings for good driver, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, good student, annual mileage, age of vehicle, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, pay in full, switch companies, alternative fuel, and mature driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere. To locate providers who offer free Kia Soul insurance quotes in Arizona, follow this link.
Local Mesa insurance agencies
Many drivers would rather buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in Mesa.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Mesa who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Shown below is a list of insurance companies in Mesa that can give you price quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Mesa.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Mesa?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Once you have good answers to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to a company that is a good match to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don’t assume that you are obligated to a specific company for the full term.
Insurance agents can help
Always remember that when buying a policy for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Arizona?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Kia Soul insurance in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Kia Soul insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
When searching for low cost Mesa auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)