Would you like to find more affordable Kia Amanti insurance in Mesa? Scraping up a payment for expensive Kia Amanti insurance in Mesa can consume your checking account and force you to tighten up your finances. Doing a rate analysis can lower your rates and help to lower your monthly bill.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers in Arizona renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. American consumers could pocket almost $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they just switched companies.
Vehicle owners have multiple insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
We hope to let you in on the best methods to compare rates and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts covered in this article. But Arizona drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies set your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that more quotes helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Arizona. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Mesa, AZ, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Amanti in Mesa, paying for auto insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Amanti with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How do Insurers Determine Kia Amanti Insurance Premiums?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Big cities mean more claims – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Higher prices for policy lapses – Letting your insurance expire can be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
- Filing claims can increase rates – If you file claims often, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Arizona award discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Drivers with high credit save on car insurance – A driver’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Kia Amanti by improving your rating. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Insurance premiums and driver gender – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
Save money with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a defensive driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Mesa and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for signing up on their website.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, good student
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-policy, youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, seat belt use, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, drive less, bundle discounts, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
When comparing rates, check with every company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Arizona, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What if I total my Kia Amanti and owe more than it’s worth?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a Kia Amanti?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Local Mesa insurance agencies
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Mesa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When searching for a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Featured below are Mesa independent agencies who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Wong Insurance Agency LLC dba GlobalGreen Insurance Agency of Mesa
66 S Dobson Rd # 131 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (602) 758-1672 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive agents in Mesa willing to provide comparison quotes.
Jim Shepard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1725 E University Dr – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 964-8173 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Mesa, get answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Mesa?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If they are an independent agency in Mesa, which companies do they recommend?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Lower rates by being persistent
Low-cost Kia Amanti insurance in Mesa is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Mesa agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned some good ideas how to get a better price on Kia Amanti insurance in Mesa. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund or high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Steps to finding low-cost Kia Amanti insurance in Mesa
The preferred way to get budget Kia Amanti insurance in Mesa is to compare prices once a year from companies who sell insurance in Arizona. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Read about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Amanti insurance. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Mesa Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)