It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Jeep Liberty insurance in Mesa is to compare prices once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Arizona. You can shop around by following these steps.
First, get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more information to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Mesa could save 50% every year, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Four factors that impact insurance rates
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The following are a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Car insurance rates and your job – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like judges, air traffic controllers, and accountants are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, careers like actors, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Do you save by driving less? – Driving more miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Cars that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Liberty is just wasting money. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The next chart uses these variables: married female driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Jeep Liberty insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need – There are many extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Mesa, AZ. To buy cheap car insurance in Mesa, AZ, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate table below showcases estimates of coverage costs for Jeep Liberty models. Learning more about how auto insurance premiums are established can aid in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$182||$318||$404||$24||$122||$1,050||$88|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$210||$318||$404||$24||$122||$1,078||$90|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$210||$318||$404||$24||$122||$1,078||$90|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$210||$318||$404||$24||$122||$1,078||$90|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$210||$388||$404||$24||$122||$1,148||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact coverage rates noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Jeep Liberty insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Jeep Liberty premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Liberty replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Insurance in Arizona serves several purposes
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Mesa, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Jeep at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Jeep but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
These discounts can reduce Jeep Liberty insurance rates
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Mesa car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give better insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Professional Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount should help lower your overall bill.
The information below illustrates the difference between Jeep Liberty insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good student, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, 55 and retired, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, federal employee, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO includes discounts for homeowner, accident prevention training, drive less, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your area. To locate insurance companies with significant discounts in Mesa, follow this link.
Can’t I compare prices from local Mesa car insurance agents?
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Mesa who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Mesa?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
If you want to buy car insurance from a good Mesa insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Mesa are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Mesa who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to contact at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Mesa that can give you price quotes.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Quote. Compare. Save.
A few companies may not have rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cost effective Jeep Liberty insurance is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Car Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)