The most effective way to find low-cost prices for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Mesa is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in Arizona.
Step 1: Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and poor credit can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides more information to help reduce premium rates and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Arizona could save nearly 50% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Mesa can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Although Arizona vehicle owners do need to learn how companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
The fastest way that we advise to get rate comparisons for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Mesa is to realize car insurance companies participate in a system to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as how much school you completed, whether or not you need a SR-22, if you lease or own, and whether you have decent credit. The rating information is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your Volkswagen Beetle now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Mesa, AZ. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in Mesa, AZ, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount they offer very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Mesa car insurance online.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Beetle insurance.
- E-sign Discounts – Some auto insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing online.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm and Progressive permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Insurance companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
If you need affordable Mesa car insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Mesa. To choose providers who offer discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Rates and detailed analysis
The rate information shown next showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Volkswagen Beetle models. Having a better understanding of how prices are determined can help customers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$120||$240||$260||$16||$78||$714||$60|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$156||$284||$202||$12||$60||$714||$60|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in your specific Mesa location which can modify prices greatly.
Volkswagen Beetle liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle insurance prices with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a written rule for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Beetle replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Volkswagen Beetle Insurance
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings. Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Do you know your physical damage deductibles? – Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The performance level of the car you drive makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Volkswagen Beetle policy rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
Expect high rates for teens – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Lower annual miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage. An incorrectly rated Beetle may be costing you higher rates.
- A policy lapse can increase auto insurance rates – Going without insurance is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona DMV.
Obey driving laws and save – Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The chart below illustrates how violations and accident claims can affect Volkswagen Beetle auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- You might want pay the inexpensive insurance claims yourself – Companies in Arizona provide most affordable rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Insurance loss probability for a Volkswagen Beetle – Insurers analyze the history of losses when setting premium costs. Models that have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Beetle 101 93 101 85 95 101 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 85 78 95 76 89 79BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Mesa that give free quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
What type of Mesa auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you need to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they function. Mesa agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Mesa who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Roger Bentley
3740 E Southern Ave Ste 201 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 830-4650 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – David Hovde
157 W Main St – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 966-6209 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Tony Huberty Agency Inc.
1830 S Alma School Rd Ste 126 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 413-0231 – View Map
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will want to contact multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent insurance agents in Mesa who can help you get price quotes.
- Diamond Insurance Agency
1933 W Main St # 5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
- Jeff Klusmann Insurance Agency
1955 N Val Vista Dr – Mesa, AZ 85213 – (480) 830-0080 – View Map
- INW Insurance Group
4545 E Southern Ave #106 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 626-0797 – View Map
Which is the best car insurance?
When selecting coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What if I total my Volkswagen Beetle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Should I buy only the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is my Volkswagen Beetle covered for smoke damage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Cheaper insurance in Mesa is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Mesa, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can lower your Volkswagen Beetle insurance rates in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Mesa car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with a small mutual company.
More detailed insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)