It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who shop around annually will most likely switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. A survey found that consumers who shopped around saved as much as $865 annually compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving the most money on car insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
The most effective way to save on Pontiac G8 insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Mesa.
First, spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to help find cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Compare Pontiac G8 insurance rates
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons helps locate a lower rate. Not every company provides Mesa G8 insurance quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Mesa, AZ. To buy cheaper car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Mesa, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your G8, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Arizona is wasting up to $855 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper Pontiac G8 insurance in Mesa with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Mesa Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Mesa is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, newly retired, multi-car, safety features, new move discount, and exclusive group savings.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
Double check with each company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your area. To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Pontiac G8 insurance quotes in Arizona, click here to view.
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does my Pontiac G8 qualify for pleasure use?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.