It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around for the cheapest price will presumably switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding better rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved as much as $860 a year compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Mesa. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional tips to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Mesa. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Affordable companies for Lincoln MKZ insurance in Arizona
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. To get cheap auto insurance in Mesa, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics for a Lincoln MKZ
The premium table shown below showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Lincoln MKZ models. Learning how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$138||$326||$382||$22||$114||$982||$82|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$138||$326||$382||$22||$114||$982||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise premiums substantially.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Lincoln MKZ insurance prices for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by age and gender in Mesa
The diagram below shows the difference between Lincoln MKZ insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Mesa
The example below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKZ insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn’t a steadfast formula to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKZ replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Save money with these discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Mesa Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain auto insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the web.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you will save up to 20% and get you cheaper MKZ insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their insurance company to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKZ yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, early bird, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide has discounts for Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, accident-free, and good student.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, defensive driver, teen driver, driver training, early bird, good student, and student driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for distant student, multi-car, mature driver, business and professional, pay in full, and youthful driver.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, teenSMART discount, eSmart discount, utility vehicle, passive restraint, and new car.
When quoting, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policies in Mesa. To find insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Mesa, click here to view.
How Your MKZ Insurance Rates are Determined
Lots of factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
Reserve policy claims for larger damages – If you file a lot of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher rates. Car insurance companies in Arizona give the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The next chart assumes a single female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Lincoln MKZ insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most major auto insurance companies apply discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
Prevent theft and save – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Your address can influence prices – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Traffic violations hurt – Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Having a single speeding ticket can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with multiple citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The information below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can affect Lincoln MKZ premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Drive less and save – The higher the miles on your Lincoln annually the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy is showing the correct usage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your MKZ may be costing you higher rates.
Loss probability for a Lincoln MKZ – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have increased rates. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Lincoln MKZ vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Lincoln Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKZ 4dr 2WD||137||85||107||95||89||75|
|Lincoln MKZ 4dr 4WD||140||82||126||99|
|Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr||148||84||100||74||82||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can help
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How high should deductibles be on a Lincoln MKZ?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- What is the ISO rating for a Lincoln MKZ?
- Is my Lincoln MKZ covered for flood damage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Neighborhood Mesa auto insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Mesa who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How are claims handled?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
What types of car insurance agents are in Mesa?
If you need to find local Mesa agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Mesa willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm : Mike Wilson
1046 E McKellips Rd – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 926-0388 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Roger Bentley
3740 E Southern Ave Ste 201 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 830-4650 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Angela Williams Agency, Mesa, AZ
9221 E Baseline Rd Ste A106 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 354-6300 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Mesa willing to provide rate quotes.
- Cook Insurance Inc.
7255 E Hampton Ave #107a – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 986-1117 – View Map
- Kohlhase Insurance
6550 E Main St – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 832-8370 – View Map
- Diamond Insurance Agency
1933 W Main St # 5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
Once you have good responses for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don’t feel that you’re stuck with a policy indefinitely.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
As you quote Mesa auto insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Low-cost Lincoln MKZ insurance in Mesa is possible on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote Mesa auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Mesa Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)