Are you drained from robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay auto insurance each month? You are no different than many other people in Arizona.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who do rate comparisons will most likely buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $70 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly Chevy Bolt insurance in Mesa is why you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the process.
Steps to finding better rates for Chevy Bolt insurance in Mesa
The preferred way to get budget Chevy Bolt insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Mesa.
- First, try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and your credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for more ideas to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Mesa. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Because there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be hard to choose a lower cost insurance company.
It’s important to compare premium rates at least once a year because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Chevy Bolt insurance in Mesa at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. You can search a lot of Bolt insurance online, but you can learn some proven techniques to save money.
These nine discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to spy on vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Bolt may earn a small discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy premium.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need low cost Mesa car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Chevy Bolt insurance quotes in Mesa, follow this link.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Mesa, AZ. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance agents near you
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is still important in Mesa.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Mesa can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either one can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Shown below are Mesa independent insurance agents that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
Arizona Federal Insurance Solutions and The Arizona Group
1125 E Southern Ave – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 892-8755 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are Mesa exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Mesa should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy.
Insurance coverage options for a Chevy Bolt
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, hail damage and falling objects. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 15/30/10 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, bail bonds, medical expenses and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for nursing services, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, doctor visits and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Bolt to get cheaper collision coverage.
Persistence pays off
Budget-friendly car insurance in Mesa is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Bolt insurance in Mesa. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Mesa car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Bolt rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
How to find cheaper rates for Chevy Bolt insurance in Mesa
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Mesa.
- Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)