Shocking but true, the vast majority of Arizona insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. drivers can save nearly 47% each year, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
The best way we recommend to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Mesa. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Finding cheaper Mesa auto insurance rates can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to take a couple of minutes to get quotes to find the company with affordable Mesa auto insurance quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to drive to all the different Mesa insurance agencies. Quoting Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the professional guidance only provided by licensed Mesa agents. Drivers can get prices online and still use a local agent.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Mesa, AZ. To get cheap auto insurance in Mesa, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mitsubishi with a loan, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Mesa is overpaying more than $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Determine discounts on Mesa auto insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Paperwork-free – Some auto insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Ratings for Mesa auto insurance companies
Picking a highly-rated car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Mesa. The company rank data below can help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance