Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices will most likely switch insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $865 a year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Mesa is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding how to find and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Really, the only way to find lower priced Mazda CX-5 insurance in Mesa is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Arizona.
- First, try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the following tips. Choosing the best rates in Mesa is much easier if you have a good place to start. Nevertheless, Arizona car owners must know the way insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
How to lower your Mazda CX-5 insurance cost in Mesa
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rates from companies that offer car insurance in Arizona. The easiest way to find cheaper Mazda CX-5 rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to drive to all the different insurance agencies. Comparing Mazda CX-5 insurance rates online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the professional guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Arizona, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Mazda CX-5
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda CX-5 insurance, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mazda CX-5 has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Mazda at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Mazda and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your CX-5 outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to save money.
Mesa Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower auto insurance prices. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
High auto insurance claims frequency drives up auto insurance rates – If you file a lot of claims you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Arizona give lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Vocation and insurance premiums – Occupations such as real estate brokers, executives, and emergency personnel generally have the highest average rates in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers like scientists, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Companies want multiple policies – Many auto insurance companies give lower prices to buyers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
Does insurance cost less for women? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
Rural areas have lower premiums – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Extra policy coverages you don’t need – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Insurance losses for a Mazda CX-5 – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the loss history for Mazda CX-5 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD||66||88||85||79||83||76|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD||71||83||102||79||74||72|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable insurance rates are out there
As you quote Mesa car insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Mazda CX-5 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Mesa car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cheap Mazda CX-5 insurance in Mesa can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Mesa car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)