Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Arizona have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Most drivers in America could save an average of approximately $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The easiest way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Mesa is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Arizona.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One thing to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding better pricing. Not every company does Mesa Clarity insurance quotes online, so you should also compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Mesa, AZ. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Mesa, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help save money on Honda Clarity insurance in Mesa
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 shop Mesa auto insurance on your computer.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total Clarity insurance premium.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Mesa drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable driving data submission to monitor their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Mesa, follow this link.
Buying car insurance from Mesa auto insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Mesa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to companies in Mesa who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
What type of Mesa auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you want a reliable insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they function. Car insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Mesa that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- The Adams Agency
3851 E Main St – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 924-2600 – View Map
- Imes Insurance Associates
2045 S Vineyard #152 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 820-2020 – View Map
- Diamond Insurance Agency
1933 W Main St # 5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Mesa that can give you price quote information.
- Ed Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
3035 S Ellsworth Rd #112 – Mesa, AZ 85212 – (480) 832-3878 – View Map
- State Farm : Mike Wilson
1046 E McKellips Rd – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 926-0388 – View Map
- Aaron McDermid – State Farm Insurance Agent
10720 E Southern Ave #105 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 984-3311 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that you are entitled to cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so never assume that you are obligated to any specific agency for the entire policy term.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Honda Clarity Insurance
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that are used to determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower rates.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
Lower stress equals lower premiums – Jobs like real estate brokers, architects, and accountants tend to have higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like professors, students and performers get better rates.
Commute or pleasure use – The more miles you rack up on your Honda every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage. An incorrectly rated Clarity is throwing money out the window.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Many insurance companies will award discounts to buyers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Responsible credit saves on car insurance – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. If your credit history could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Honda Clarity by improving your credit score.
How old are your drivers? – Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. It usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Car insurance is not optional in Arizona
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda Clarity, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Honda but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Clarity greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Mesa auto insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Mesa. The rank data displayed below can help you choose which coverage providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
One last thing about your coverage
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
We’ve covered many tips how you can lower your Honda Clarity insurance prices in Mesa. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)