Are you kicking yourself for buying an expensive insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because many Mesa drivers feel the same as you.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Most drivers in America could save themselves $860 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
How to find affordable Lincoln MKS insurance in Mesa
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Lincoln MKS insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers who provide auto insurance in Mesa. You can shop around by completing these steps.
First, read and learn about car insurance and the things you can change to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices like distracted driving and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper MKS coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO all promote huge savings with advertising and consumers find it hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
If you have a policy now or just want to reduce your rates, you can use this information to save money without having to cut coverage. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Mesa is really quite easy. Smart buyers just have to know the tricks to compare rates on the web.
Companies offering Lincoln MKS insurance in Arizona
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Mesa, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Detailed insurance information
The information displayed next showcases detailed analysis of insurance prices for Lincoln MKS models. Knowing how insurance policy rates are figured can help drivers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$632||$334||$20||$100||$1,456||$121|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$632||$334||$20||$100||$1,456||$121|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$408||$716||$334||$20||$100||$1,578||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Mesa garaging location which can influence premium rates significantly.
Driving violations and accidents
The information below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Lincoln MKS insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The chart below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKS insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKS insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The data assumes no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact formula that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKS settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Lincoln MKS insurance in Mesa
Some insurers don’t list the entire discount list very well, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a slight reduction on a Mesa car insurance quote.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to analyze where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used MKS may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount get Mesa car insurance over the internet.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- College Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Mesa and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKS car insurance rates with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, air bags, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers offers discounts for good student, save driver, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, and new car.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
Before buying, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply everywhere.
Local agents and insurance
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Mesa?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good Mesa insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Mesa can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Mesa exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you need to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Mesa independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Max Insurance Agency Mesa | Life Insurance | Motorcycle Insurance
1130 W University Dr #117 – Meza, AZ 85201 – (480) 247-7418 – View Map
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your MKS to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Lincoln MKS.
Since many Arizona drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 15/30/10 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, pain and suffering, medical services, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses like X-ray expenses, pain medications and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
The best rates come from being thorough
We just showed you many ways to reduce Lincoln MKS insurance premium rates online in Mesa. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some auto insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents. Cheaper Lincoln MKS insurance in Mesa is possible from both online companies and with local Mesa insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Lincoln MKS insurance in Mesa
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget Lincoln MKS insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Mesa.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper MKS coverage is available in Mesa. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from every insurance company. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional auto insurance information is located at these links:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)