The recommended way to find affordable Chevy Volt insurance in Mesa is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who provide car insurance in Arizona. You can compare prices by following these steps.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of insurance customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Mesa insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Many insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get prices for coverage on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Volt insurance in Mesa doesn’t take much effort as you just type in your required coverages into the form. Once entered, the quote system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a better rate.
To use this form to compare rates, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Mesa, AZ. If you want cheap car insurance in Mesa, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Mesa, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Volt has a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is wasting up to $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Volt insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a defensive driving class may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total Volt insurance premium.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Mesa, click here.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
A lot of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Mesa who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How many years have they been established?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
If you want a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Mesa may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both do a good job, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Mesa who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Pete Rivera – State Farm Insurance Agent
104 W Main St – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 964-1766 – View Map
- Aaron McDermid – State Farm Insurance Agent
10720 E Southern Ave #105 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 984-3311 – View Map
- State Farm : Mike Wilson
1046 E McKellips Rd – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 926-0388 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you include several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Mesa independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Cook Insurance Inc.
7255 E Hampton Ave #107a – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 986-1117 – View Map
- Diamond Insurance Agency
1933 W Main St # 5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
- Arizona Federal Insurance Solutions and The Arizona Group
1125 E Southern Ave – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 892-8755 – View Map
When it comes to adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
What is the best car insurance company in Arizona?
Choosing the best company can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Mesa. The rank data shown below may help you analyze which companies you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Affordable insurance is out there
We just showed you many ideas to save on Chevy Volt insurance in Mesa. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Mesa car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper insurance in Mesa is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Mesa, so you need to shop Mesa car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Car Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)