The easiest way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Mesa is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Arizona.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as speeding and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Unbelievably, over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in the United States could save $860 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to find affordable auto insurance rates.
Cutting your Mesa car insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. You just need to take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes to find the company with cheaper Mesa auto insurance quotes.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to drive to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Arizona. To buy cheap auto insurance in Arizona, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
Earn discounts on Mesa insurance
Some insurers don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to spy on driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Tiburon insurance in Mesa.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Mesa auto insurance quote.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy early. It could save around 10% when you buy Mesa auto insurance online.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Mesa and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts are:
If you need affordable Hyundai Tiburon insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Tiburon in Mesa, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Some consumers just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an company requires more thought than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Mesa insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Mesa agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand how they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following are Mesa exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – Mike Stapley
4850 E Baseline Rd Ste 101 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 503-4400 – View Map
Jenn Attar – State Farm Insurance Agent
1660 S Alma School Rd #218 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 345-4206 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Angela Williams Agency, Mesa, AZ
9221 E Baseline Rd Ste A106 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 354-6300 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to contact multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Mesa that can give you price quote information.
Cook Insurance Inc.
7255 E Hampton Ave #107a – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 986-1117 – View Map
2815 S Alma School Rd #111 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 839-8488 – View Map
354 N Country Club Dr – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (602) 233-3333 – View Map