Locating better insurance prices for a Ford Five Hundred in Arizona can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Ford and get the best price possible either online or from Mesa insurance agents.
It’s a good habit to check auto insurance prices on a regular basis since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Mesa a couple years back you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Five Hundred insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ideas on how to put money back in your pocket.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Mesa is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, use these cost-cutting techniques to buy cheaper insurance and still get good coverage. Drivers just need to understand the most time-saving way to shop their coverage around on the web.
All major auto insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get insurance quotes direct online. Getting online quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Mesa doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. After you complete the form, the quote system will obtain your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on many factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find a better rate.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will be getting a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Arizona. To get cheap car insurance in Mesa, AZ, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Five Hundred, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your Ford Five Hundred and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Arizona overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Mesa
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may be missing some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Mesa without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To choose providers with the best discounts in Mesa, click here.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Mesa car insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper prices but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Mesa that can give you free Mesa car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just the price. Before buying a policy in Mesa, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Mesa?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Mesa?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Mesa
If you are wanting to find a good Mesa insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Mesa that are able to give rate quotes.
- Pete Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
5616 E McKellips Rd #105 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 985-1952 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Roger Bentley
3740 E Southern Ave Ste 201 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 830-4650 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brent D. Henningson
5540 E Broadway Rd Ste 6 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 830-0046 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to include rate quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Mesa that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Wong Insurance Agency LLC dba GlobalGreen Insurance Agency of Mesa
66 S Dobson Rd # 131 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (602) 758-1672 – View Map
- Jayson Hoffer Insurance Agency
1930 South Alma School Road A101 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 948-6115 – View Map
- ABI Insurance LLC
7165 E University Dr #170 – Mesa, AZ 85207 – (480) 921-3400 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is a good match to provide insurance coverage. But keep in mind it’s your policy and you can cancel your policy any time you want so don’t think that you’re stuck with the insurance policy for the full term.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Best car insurance company in Arizona
Buying coverage from a highly-rated auto insurance company is hard considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The company information displayed below could help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Lower rates by being persistent
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to reduce Ford Five Hundred insurance prices online in Mesa. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in Mesa is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Mesa, so get free Mesa car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Mesa
The most effective way to find lower priced Ford Five Hundred insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Mesa.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
More information is available at the links below