The preferred way to get affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies that insure vehicles in Mesa. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price like speeding and a negative credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One tip to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who compare other prices are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that people who compared prices regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Mesa is your goal, then knowing how to get price quotes and compare insurance premiums can save money and time.
Cheaper Mesa auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Life Insurance – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get cheaper premium rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your policy cost.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, good student, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and emergency military deployment.
- USAA discounts include military installation, vehicle storage, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- American Family may include discounts for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, early bird, and good student.
- Esurance offers discounts for multi-car, homeowner, good driver, safety device, and online quote.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, good student, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, switch companies, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, anti-theft, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Mesa, click here to view.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision insurance covers damage to your C-Max Energi resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your C-Max Energi to bring the cost down.
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/10 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like loss of income, court costs, pain and suffering, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills like ambulance fees, dental work, prosthetic devices and nursing services. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, falling objects and hitting a deer. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford C-Max Energi.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/10 in Arizona), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Cheaper Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Mesa is definitely available both online and with local Mesa insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned many ways to compare Ford C-Max Energi insurance auto insurance rates in Mesa. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Mesa auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Car Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)