Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,578, drivers could save an average of almost $730 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on Subaru BRZ insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Mesa.
- First, try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Shop Subaru BRZ insurance online
When quoting car insurance, remember that more quotes increases your odds of finding lower pricing. Not every company provides Mesa BRZ insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Arizona, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Discounts can help lower rates on Subaru BRZ insurance in Mesa
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current BRZ insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru could be rewarded with slightly better rates than normal.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, multi-policy, safety device, and online shopper.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, and driver training.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, multi-car, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, good student, multi-policy, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, multiple autos, student away at school, good student, accident-free, and good driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state. To find companies who offer free Subaru BRZ insurance quotes in Arizona, follow this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to participating agents in Mesa who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Arizona?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
After you get good answers to these questions and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an insurer that is reliable enough to provide auto insurance coverage.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Subaru BRZ Insurance Premiums?
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- More traffic equals higher costs – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Less people translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- No policy gaps is important – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many auto insurance companies will give discounts to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare Subaru BRZ rates in Mesa to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability protection – The liability section of your policy provides coverage when a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save – The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Do thieves like your car? – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart auto theft.
- Add-on coverages push up premiums – There are many optional add-on coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Reduce premiums by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the Subaru BRZ scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Insurance loss statistics a Subaru BRZ – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Models that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Subaru BRZ Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru BRZ 156 78 150 87 88 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru BRZ in Mesa, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
How much can you save?
More affordable car insurance in Mesa is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When getting Mesa auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Mesa Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)