Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Consumers in Mesa could save themselves up to $733 a year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
The best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurers in Mesa. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides additional tips to find cheap prices and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Cherokee insurance in Mesa. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Get affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance in Mesa with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Mesa and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could earn lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount should help lower your overall premium however.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, continuous insurance, new car, save driver, and multi-policy.
- American Family may offer discounts for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, air bags, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly married, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and new move discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Mesa, click this link.
Finding a lower price on Jeep Cherokee insurance isn’t really that difficult. You just need to take time comparing rate quotes to see which company has affordable Mesa car insurance quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it obsolete to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Jeep Cherokee insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the trained advice that only an agent can give. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Arizona. If you want the best cheap car insurance in AZ, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Mesa car insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Mesa who will give you bids for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Mesa will have answers to these questions.
- How many years have they been established?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Shown below are Mesa insurers that can give you comparison quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Mesa.
American Family Insurance – Tony Huberty Agency Inc.
1830 S Alma School Rd Ste 126 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 413-0231 – View Map
Jim Shepard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1725 E University Dr – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 964-8173 – View Map
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep Cherokee has a loan, most lenders will require you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Jeep at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Jeep and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance coverages for a Jeep Cherokee
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Cherokee from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Cherokee in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, surgery and pain medications. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Cherokee.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/10 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, medical services and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Best auto insurance in Arizona
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurance provider is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Mesa. The company ratings shown below could help you select which companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Smart consumers save more
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Mesa. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cheaper Jeep Cherokee insurance in Mesa is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Mesa agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Car Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)