Sad but true, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Arizona insurance shoppers could save themselves 50% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to go online and compare rates.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Mesa. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, take a little time to learn about car insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for more details to help reduce prices and find missing discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new insurer. Once received, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Take advantage of these discounts
Companies don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so the below list has some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your bill.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Sonoma insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in high school.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Distant Student Discount – Children living away from Mesa attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Online Discount – Many car insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
To find providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Mesa, click this link.
Getting a more affordable price on GMC Sonoma insurance is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes comparing rates to see which company has inexpensive Mesa car insurance quotes.
Comparing rate quotes online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to call or drive to all the different Mesa insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the trained advice of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Arizona. In order to find cheap car insurance in Mesa, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing your policy, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local agents and car insurance
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Mesa who will give you quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How are they compensated?
Exclusive and independent Mesa auto insurance agents
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Mesa exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Angela Williams Agency, Mesa, AZ
9221 E Baseline Rd Ste A106 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 354-6300 – View Map
Cie Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
2801 E McKellips Rd – Mesa, AZ 85213 – (480) 830-1513 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Tony Huberty Agency Inc.
1830 S Alma School Rd Ste 126 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 413-0231 – View Map
These type of agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Mesa willing to provide rate quotes.
ABI Insurance LLC
7165 E University Dr #170 – Mesa, AZ 85207 – (480) 921-3400 – View Map
2815 S Alma School Rd #111 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 839-8488 – View Map
6550 E Main St – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 832-8370 – View Map
After getting reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that will properly service your car insurance policy.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing the right company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Mesa. The ranking information displayed below can help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Be persistent and save
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Budget-conscious GMC Sonoma insurance is possible online and with local Mesa insurance agents, so get free Mesa car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
You just read many ideas to get a better price on GMC Sonoma insurance in Mesa. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)