If you want to save money, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Mesa is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Arizona.
- Learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides more information to get affordable coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s astonishing, but almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,580, drivers could save $730 a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to do a rate comparison.
If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the ideas you’re about to read. These techniques will teach you how car insurance companies work. Nevertheless, Arizona vehicle owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Lower Your Mesa Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- Prices and your address – Living in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when buying car insurance. City drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Less people means less chance of accidents.
- Good credit means lower premiums – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Ram 2500 if you clean up your credit.
With age comes lower premiums – Drivers with little experience tend to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- You might want pay the minor claims yourself – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Arizona give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Prices for males may be higher – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The example below compares Dodge Ram 2500 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums. If your Dodge is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the miles on your Dodge every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your policy properly reflects the correct driver usage. An improperly rated Ram 2500 can cost quite a bit.
- Multiple policies with one company – The majority of companies give lower prices for people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by buying from different companies
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps locate the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so you need to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Mesa, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Dodge Ram 2500 coverage analysis
The price information displayed below covers a range of insurance rates for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Learning a little about how auto insurance prices are figured is important to be able to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$280||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,498||$125|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$280||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,592||$133|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$280||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,592||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$280||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,592||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$280||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,592||$133|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$280||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,592||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$312||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,624||$135|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$312||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,624||$135|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$312||$808||$440||$26||$132||$1,718||$143|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$312||$808||$440||$26||$132||$1,718||$143|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$344||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,656||$138|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$344||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,656||$138|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$344||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,656||$138|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$344||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,656||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase prices substantially.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact formula of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 2500 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Insurance in Arizona serves several purposes
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Mesa, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Dodge with a loan, almost every bank will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates in Mesa
Companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Paperwork-free – Many insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Ram 2500 insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Mesa car insurance quotes online.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Ram 2500 can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Arizona, click here.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in Mesa.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When finding local Mesa agents, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents in Mesa are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to contact a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Mesa that can give you free insurance quotes.
- Bryant Insurance Agency, LLC
2941 N Power Rd Suite 101 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 448-1555 – View Map
- Max Insurance Agency Mesa | Life Insurance | Motorcycle Insurance
1130 W University Dr #117 – Meza, AZ 85201 – (480) 247-7418 – View Map
- Jayson Hoffer Insurance Agency
1930 South Alma School Road A101 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 948-6115 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Mesa exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
- Pete Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
5616 E McKellips Rd #105 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 985-1952 – View Map
- Ed Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
3035 S Ellsworth Rd #112 – Mesa, AZ 85212 – (480) 832-3878 – View Map
- Marge Black-Graziano – State Farm Insurance Agent
1155 S Power Rd #106 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 832-5355 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Ratings for Mesa auto insurance companies
Selecting the best insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The company ratings in the next section could help you pick which coverage providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Insurance can be complex
Always remember that when buying your policy, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arizona?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Lower rates by being persistent
Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Mesa is possible online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
We just presented a lot of ways to compare Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices in Mesa. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)