A study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Arizona drivers can save roughly 50% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t want to go online and compare rates.
Really, the only way to get discount Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Mesa is to compare prices regularly from companies in Arizona. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides ideas to help prevent high rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to find the best rates using this strategy. Obtaining price quotes for the best auto insurance coverage in Mesa is easy to do. But Arizona consumers should learn the methods companies use to determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect more than your Atlas
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Atlas in Mesa, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Volkswagen Atlas, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Volkswagen but also your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Arizona is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked about before being credited.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to track vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Atlas insurance in Mesa.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy premium.
Auto insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in your state. To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Mesa, click here.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Best car insurance in Mesa
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality company can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Mesa. The company rank data listed below could help you decide which insurers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance