Purchasing discount Mesa Subaru Crosstrek insurance quotes may be rather challenging for vehicle owners that are relatively new to comparing prices over the internet. Because there are so many insurance companies available, how can you effectively compare all the different companies and get the cheapest price possible?
Steps to buying affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Mesa
To save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Mesa is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Arizona. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Immediately place the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. Drivers in Mesa could save up to $700 every year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
It’s smart to check insurance prices yearly because insurance prices change frequently. If you had the lowest rate on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Mesa six months ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
How Insurers Calculate Subaru Crosstrek Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that are used to determine your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better insurance rates.
High claims frequency drives up insurance rates – Auto insurance companies in Arizona give the lowest premiums to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Mature drivers save more – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Prevent theft and save – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your car from being stolen.
Keep the miles off and save – The more miles you rack up on your Subaru every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Crosstrek may be wasting your money.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having a single speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Subaru scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
When price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company allows you to get Mesa Crosstrek insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Mesa, AZ. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Mesa, AZ, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru Crosstrek in Mesa, insuring your vehicle is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Crosstrek, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Subaru but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Arizona overpays more than $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Subaru Crosstrek insurance discounts in Mesa
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Renewal Discounts – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Crosstrek insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Crosstrek insurance in Mesa.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Crosstrek may earn a small discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your overall bill.
Companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, anti-theft, defensive driving training, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- American Family offers discounts for bundled insurance, good student, Steer into Savings, early bird, TimeAway discount, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, air bags, federal employee, anti-theft, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, accident-free, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including early shopping, good student, youthful driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, and switch companies.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
What if I want to buy from local Mesa auto insurance agents?
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Mesa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Mesa who will give you bids to get your business. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
When researching a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Agents may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Mesa that can give you comparison quotes.
- Access Auto Insurance
1933 W Main St #5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Isakson Ins Agency Inc
1819 E Southern Ave, Ste E20 – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 888-0318 – View Map
- Max Insurance Agency Mesa | Life Insurance | Motorcycle Insurance
1130 W University Dr #117 – Meza, AZ 85201 – (480) 247-7418 – View Map
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are Mesa exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Mike Stapley
4850 E Baseline Rd Ste 101 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 503-4400 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Brian Johnson Agency Inc.
3660 E University Dr Ste 3 – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 634-7039 – View Map
- State Farm : Mike Wilson
1046 E McKellips Rd – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 926-0388 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How long has the business existed?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Upon getting acceptable answers and affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates in Mesa quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can insure your vehicles. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage any time you want so don’t feel that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy for a certain time period.
Shop smart and save
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Mesa is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions or even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
Steps to buying lower priced Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Mesa
The easiest way to find discount auto insurance rates in Mesa is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Arizona. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Kia Optima in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)