Locating cheaper insurance for a new or used Mercury Montego in Arizona can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Mercury and locate the best price possible either online or from Mesa insurance agents.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will presumably switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding better rates. A survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $865 annually compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Mercury Montego insurance in Mesa is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance rates can make it easier to find better rates.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year since rates change regularly. If you had the best rate on Mercury Montego insurance in Mesa six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Montego insurance online, but I’m going to show you some tested techniques to slash your insurance rates in Mesa.
What Determines Mercury Montego Insurance Prices?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that are used to determine your premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your rate level.
Always keep your policy in place – Driving without insurance coverage in place is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Fewer miles means better costs – The more you drive annually the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your vehicle rating shows annual mileage. Improper usage on your Montego can cost quite a bit.
Safety first – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
Big city or small town – Having an address in a rural area is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims. People who live in big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
Male prices may be higher – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Get better costs after the wedding – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Low coverage deductibles mean high premiums – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your Mercury. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
More stress means more cost – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and dentists usually pay the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. Conversely, careers like professors, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Mercury Montego insurance in Mesa
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before being credited.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Mesa may earn a discount on insurance.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Sign Online – A few larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, bundle discounts, good student, mature driver, multi-car, and business and professional.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, defensive driver, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include multi-car, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, and renters.
- SAFECO has discounts for bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, and passive restraint.
When quoting, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply in Mesa. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Insurance savings summarized
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
You just learned a lot of information how to find cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Mesa car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
How to find discount Mercury Montego insurance in Mesa
If you want to save money, the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Mesa is to compare quotes once a year from different companies that sell auto insurance in Arizona.
First, get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Mesa. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Much is Mesa Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Mesa Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)