Astonishing but true, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in the U.S. could save themselves 47% a year, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest Lincoln MKC insurance in Mesa is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Arizona. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Compare Mesa Lincoln MKC insurance rate quotes
The following companies offer free quotes in Mesa, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lincoln MKC insurance discounts in Mesa
Car insurance companies don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Mesa car insurance online.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you may earn up to 20% and get you low cost Lincoln MKC insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Student in College – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors could receive better auto insurance rates.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, youthful driver, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, driver’s education, good driver, multiple policy, good student, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Allstate may offer discounts for economy car, good student, auto/life discount, farm vehicle, EZ pay plan discount, defensive driver, and teenSMART discount.
- Nationwide has savings for Farm Bureau membership, good student, anti-theft, defensive driving, family plan, accident-free, and easy pay.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be offered in every state. To see a list of insurers with the best Lincoln MKC insurance discounts in Mesa, click this link.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Mesa that provide free Mesa car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Mesa should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does their agency support local causes in Mesa?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When researching a local Mesa insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Insurance agents in Mesa can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Mesa exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Roger Bentley
3740 E Southern Ave Ste 201 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 830-4650 – View Map
- Ed Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
3035 S Ellsworth Rd #112 – Mesa, AZ 85212 – (480) 832-3878 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Kevin Shelton
2651 W Guadalupe Rd #102 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (480) 718-9498 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to check rates from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Mesa willing to provide rate quotes.
- Cook Insurance Inc.
7255 E Hampton Ave #107a – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 986-1117 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Isakson Ins Agency Inc
1819 E Southern Ave, Ste E20 – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 888-0318 – View Map
- Wong Insurance Agency LLC dba GlobalGreen Insurance Agency of Mesa
66 S Dobson Rd # 131 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (602) 758-1672 – View Map
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels. Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
- Never let your insurance policy lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
- Only buy coverage you need – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
- High credit scores equal low premiums – Credit score factor in determining what you pay. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Lincoln MKC if you clean up your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
- Prices may be higher where you live – Being located in a rural area is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Lower population translates into fewer accidents.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The performance level of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Most larger insurers provide discounts to buyers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
Lincoln MKC insurance loss data – Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher losses will have increased rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Lincoln MKC vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Lincoln MKC Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD 97 76 69 Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD 99 68 72 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lincoln, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your MKC more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart shoppers get results
Lower-priced Lincoln MKC insurance in Mesa is possible on the web and with local Mesa insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to reduce Lincoln MKC insurance auto insurance rates online in Mesa. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read by following these links:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Mesa Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)