To save the most money, the best way to find affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Mesa is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Arizona. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for more ideas to help keep prices low and find additional discounts.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Make sure you safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop rates annually will presumably move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved over $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance is your ultimate goal, knowing the best ways to find and compare insurance coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
If you’re already insured, you should be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. Locating the best rates in Mesa can be made easier if you know where to look. Nevertheless, Arizona car owners can benefit from knowing how companies charge you for coverage.
Cheap Mesa auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so the following list contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Mesa car insurance online.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Mesa car insurance quote. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Optima Hybrid insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
For a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
When shopping for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Mesa there are multiple ways to compare prices from all the different companies. The best way to find the lowest rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. The internet makes this unnecessary unless you prefer the extra assistance that only an agent can give. It is possible to find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases your odds of finding the best rates. Not every company provides Mesa Optima Hybrid insurance quotes online, so you need to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Mesa, AZ. If you want cheap car insurance in Mesa, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance agents can help
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your car insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Neighborhood Mesa auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Mesa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Mesa who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you need to find a local Mesa insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Mesa can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Mesa who can help you get pricing information.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Mesa who can help you get comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Tony Huberty Agency Inc.
1830 S Alma School Rd Ste 126 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 413-0231 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Mesa should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of car insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Kia Optima Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a building, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Optima Hybrid to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 15/30/10 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses like doctor visits, hospital visits, prosthetic devices, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hail damage, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane and falling objects. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to compare Kia Optima Hybrid insurance auto insurance rates in Mesa. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona can be read at the links below
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)