Statistics show that a large majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,580, Arizona drivers could pocket nearly $733 a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they changed companies.
The preferred way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Mesa is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who provide auto insurance in Arizona.
- Try to comprehend individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Once received, store the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to remember is that you use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Locating the best rates in Mesa is much easier if you know where to start. Essentially every driver who compares rates for car insurance will be able to save money. Nevertheless, Arizona car owners need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to determine how much to charge.
Cheapest Kia insurance price quotes in Mesa
The following companies provide price comparisons in Mesa, AZ. To locate cheap auto insurance in Mesa, AZ, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance policy discounts for Kia Niro insurance in Mesa
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, membership and employees, military active duty, federal employee, and driver training.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- 21st Century may include discounts for 55 and older, good student, student driver, driver training, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, early bird, defensive driver, bundled insurance, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, driver training, defensive driver, bundle, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, and education and occupation.
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to view insurers that offer some of these discounts in Mesa, click this link.
Six Things That Affect Your Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the major factors that factor into your prices.
Youthful drivers pay more – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Drivers with little experience tend to get distracted easily when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Your address can push rates up or down – Living in a rural area has definite advantages when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Only buy coverage you need – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that can add up on your Niro policy. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums are generally reserved for small economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
High deductibles reduce premiums – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Kia. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, or theft. The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Does your vocation raise your rates? – Occupational choices like fire fighters, airline pilots, and accountants tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers such as actors, students and the unemployed get better rates.
Can’t I compare rates from local Mesa insurance agents?
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Mesa who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Listed below is a list of insurance companies in Mesa that may be able to provide price quote information for Kia Niro insurance in Mesa.
American Family Insurance – Brian Johnson Agency Inc.
3660 E University Dr Ste 3 – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 634-7039 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Tony Huberty Agency Inc.
1830 S Alma School Rd Ste 126 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 413-0231 – View Map
Aaron McDermid – State Farm Insurance Agent
10720 E Southern Ave #105 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 984-3311 – View Map
Ayala Insurance Service, LLC
830 W Southern Ave #10 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 844-1555 – View Map
Smart shoppers get results
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective Kia Niro insurance can be sourced both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)