Feeling guilty for buying an overpriced insurance policy? Say no more because there are lots of Mesa residents who feel the same.
Regrettably, most consumers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in Arizona could save themselves 50% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates.
How to buy affordable Jaguar XJ insurance in Mesa
The recommended way to get the cheapest Jaguar XJ insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Mesa.
- Try to understand car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as traffic violations and poor credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for tips to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. Once received, put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO increase brand awareness with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a good idea to compare prices quite often because rates change quite often. Even if you got the best premium rates on Jaguar XJ insurance in Mesa a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. There is lot of inaccurate information about XJ insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some tested techniques to buy insurance cheaper in Mesa.
Affordable companies for Jaguar XJ insurance in Arizona
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Mesa, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The rate table shown next showcases a range of rate quotes for Jaguar XJ models. Being able to understand how car insurance prices are determined can assist in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$302||$656||$338||$20||$102||$1,418||$118|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$724||$338||$20||$102||$1,512||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect prices noticeably.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions influence Jaguar XJ annual premium costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below shows the difference between Jaguar XJ insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive guideline for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Jaguar XJ replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $400 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Jaguar XJ insurance in Mesa
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but a few need to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Jaguar could earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below compares Jaguar XJ car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, good driver, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, and annual mileage.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, federal employee, seat belt use, good student, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple policy, accident-free, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be available in Mesa.
Insurance can get complicated
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Arizona?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Buying auto insurance from Mesa auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is definitely important in Mesa.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Mesa that can give you free Mesa car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Mesa can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Mesa that may be able to give you rate quotes.
Jayson Hoffer Insurance Agency
1930 South Alma School Road A101 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 948-6115 – View Map
Imes Insurance Associates
2045 S Vineyard #152 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 820-2020 – View Map
Access Auto Insurance
1933 W Main St #5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Mesa that are able to give comparison quotes.
Bruce Hoerner – State Farm Insurance Agent
1731 W Baseline Rd #106 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (480) 839-5033 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Wayne Smith
1901 E University Dr Ste 301 – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 464-8766 – View Map
Jenn Attar – State Farm Insurance Agent
1660 S Alma School Rd #218 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 345-4206 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Mesa?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
After getting reasonable responses to any questions you have and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so never feel you are locked into a specific agent for the entire policy term.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Jaguar XJ.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your XJ in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance – This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, fire damage, falling objects, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for dental work, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, nursing services and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as bail bonds, court costs, loss of income, medical services and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Arizona auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting the right car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Mesa. The company rank data shown below can help you choose which car insurance companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
We’ve covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Jaguar XJ insurance in Mesa. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Mesa car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to buying cheaper Jaguar XJ insurance in Mesa
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable Jaguar XJ insurance in Mesa is to compare prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Arizona.
- First, learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)