Shockingly, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in Mesa could save $733 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
Really, the only way to quote cheaper Chevy Uplander insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in Mesa.
- Learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives the details to get affordable coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better insurance rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine your prices.
Cheaper rates by combining – Some companies provide a discount to policyholders that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Your employer may affect prices – Jobs like real estate brokers, business owners, and miners generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to high stress levels and long work hours. On the other hand, careers such as scientists, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Low mileage costs less – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Uplander may be costing you. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet states annual mileage, because it can save money.
Amount of liability – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
Vehicle options impact prices – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO give price estimates from their websites. Getting online rates for Chevy Uplander insurance in Mesa doesn’t take a lot of time as you just enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the quote system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on these and other factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the cheapest possible prices on insurance.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will be getting rate quotes for exact coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Mesa, AZ. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in AZ, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Uplander in Mesa, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Uplander, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Chevy Uplander insurance in Mesa with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before they will apply.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to analyze driving manner remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple policy, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, claim-free, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, safe driver, homeowner, accident prevention training, and drive less.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not apply in Mesa. To choose car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Arizona, click here.
Local Mesa car insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to companies in Mesa that give free quotes for your business. You won’t even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Mesa who can help you get price quote information for Chevy Uplander insurance in Mesa.
- Jayson Hoffer Insurance Agency
1930 South Alma School Road A101 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 948-6115 – View Map
- The Adams Agency
3851 E Main St – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 924-2600 – View Map
- Phil Borgia – State Farm Insurance Agent
1635 N Greenfield Rd #1 – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 981-8681 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Roger Bentley
3740 E Southern Ave Ste 201 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 830-4650 – View Map
After you get answers to your satisfaction as well as a price you’re happy with, most likely you have located an provider that can service your policy. Just understand that it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage at any point so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a policy for any length of time.
How to find a good Mesa car insurance company
Picking a good quality insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The company ratings in the next section may help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and high prices. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read many tips how you can lower your Chevy Uplander insurance car insurance rates in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Mesa auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Mesa auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Mesa Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Mesa Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)