It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. American drivers can cut their rates by roughly $850 a year, but they just don’t want to compare rates.
The preferred way to get low-cost BMW X1 insurance in Mesa is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on X1 insurance. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. As soon as you can, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Shop BMW X1 insurance online
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are just wasting money.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Mesa auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable BMW X1 insurance rates in Mesa.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data submission to track driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive get Mesa auto insurance on your computer.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
To see car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Mesa, click here.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your BMW, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your BMW at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your X1 definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Arizona is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
When finding a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Mesa can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they are different because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Mesa exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Wayne Smith
1901 E University Dr Ste 301 – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 464-8766 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Henriquez
848 S Alma School Rd #9 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 777-7820 – View Map
- Manuel Ramirez – State Farm Insurance Agent
911 N Country Club Dr – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 964-7777 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
The following are independent agents in Mesa that are able to give comparison quotes.
- The Adams Agency
3851 E Main St – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 924-2600 – View Map
- Jayson Hoffer Insurance Agency
1930 South Alma School Road A101 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 948-6115 – View Map
- Canyon Lands Insurance: Donalds Jeffrey
1550 E University Dr – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 668-7000 – View Map