To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Mesa is to regularly compare prices from insurers who provide auto insurance in Arizona. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
An important note is to compare identical coverages on each price quote and to quote with every company you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rates regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance is your ultimate target, learning how to find companies and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
Best Chevy Cruze insurance rate quotes in Arizona
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Arizona. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Arizona, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Chevy Cruze Insurance Rates Can Be Lower
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels. Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Driving citations will cost you – Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Only having one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with severe citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Too many insurance claims will drive prices up – Companies in Arizona give better rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Premiums are affected by your credit history – Your credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Cruze if you clean up your credit. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Cheaper rates with high physical damage deductibles – The deductibles you choose tell how much the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Reduce prices by driving safer cars – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If your Chevy Cruze has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Annual mileage impacts rates – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. A policy that improperly rates your Cruze is just wasting money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Insurance loss statistics a Chevy Cruze – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Cruze Models Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Chevy Cruze insurance discounts in Mesa
Some insurers don’t always publicize the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Claim Free – Mesa drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Cruze insurance in Mesa.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount should definitely cut your overall premium however.
Companies that have most of these discounts include:
If you are trying to find cheaper Mesa car insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Mesa who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Mesa?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long has the business existed?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agencies in Mesa are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out how they differ since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Mesa exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Pete Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
5616 E McKellips Rd #105 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 985-1952 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Tony Huberty Agency Inc.
1830 S Alma School Rd Ste 126 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 413-0231 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Mesa independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
If you feel you receive good feedback to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Affordable auto insurance rates are possible
Affordable Chevy Cruze insurance in Mesa can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We just presented a lot of tips how to lower your Chevy Cruze insurance premium rates in Mesa. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
More detailed auto insurance information is located at these sites:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)