It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop for lower prices will most likely buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved approximately $70 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Mesa is your target objective, then knowing how to find companies and compare insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Mesa is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who sell insurance in Arizona.
First, gain an understanding of individual coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as careless driving and poor credit can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Shopping for the lowest cost coverage in Mesa is actually quite simple. Smart shoppers just need to understand the best way to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including your general credit rating, deductibles desired, if you are currently licensed, and if you’re married. That rating information is submitted instantly to multiple companies and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
To compare rates for your Chevy Bolt EV now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies offer quotes in Mesa, AZ. To buy cheaper car insurance in Mesa, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Get discounts on Mesa auto insurance
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current Bolt EV insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free before the accident.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will definitely reduce the premium cost.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, daytime running lights, membership and employees, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, multiple autos, good student, driver’s education, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include age of vehicle, multi-policy, professional/association, annual mileage, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, student driver, defensive driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and homeowners.
- Allstate may include discounts for premier discount, good payer, new car, FullPay discount, and passive restraint.
If you want low cost Mesa car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Mesa. To choose insurers that offer discounts in Mesa, click this link.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Bolt EV insurance, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Bolt EV has a lienholder, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy Bolt EV but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Mesa is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
How to know if you need help
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Mesa car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because prices are sent to you directly. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a company is decision based upon more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Best auto insurance agent in Mesa
If you need to find a local Mesa insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Mesa that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Wayne Smith
1901 E University Dr Ste 301 – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 464-8766 – View Map
- Vandy Ford – State Farm Insurance Agent
6938 E Parkway Norte #2 – Mesa, AZ 85212 – (480) 497-3933 – View Map
- Scott Urry – State Farm Insurance Agent
5524 E Baseline Rd – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 969-9155 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Mesa that are able to give price quote information.
- Canyon Lands Insurance
3654 N Power Rd # 146 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 288-5900 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Isakson Ins Agency Inc
1819 E Southern Ave, Ste E20 – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 888-0318 – View Map
- Cook Insurance Inc.
7255 E Hampton Ave #107a – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 986-1117 – View Map