Are you sick of overpaying and want more competitive Mazda 2 insurance in Mesa? Feel like you’re a prisoner to an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because there are many people just like you.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, switch companies because they have good chances of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is why you’re reading this, then understanding how to find and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
How to find affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Mesa
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper quotes for Mazda 2 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Mesa.
- Try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and a negative credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on 2 insurance in Mesa. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Consumers have so many insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find the best rates for Mazda 2 insurance in Mesa.
This article will familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the concepts you’re about to learn. But Arizona vehicle owners must learn how companies price online insurance because it varies considerably.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding the best price.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Arizona. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Mesa, AZ, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Mazda vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda 2 insurance, buying insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Mazda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to save money.
Slash rates with these discounts
Some insurers do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below details both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Early Signing – Select larger companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current 2 insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including professional/association, annual mileage, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, business or organization, defensive driving, accident-free, family plan, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, defensive driver, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find cheaper Mesa auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policies in Mesa. To locate insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper prices but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Mesa.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Mesa that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
The following is a list of insurance companies in Mesa who can help you get price quotes for Mazda 2 insurance in Mesa.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
After receiving satisfactory answers and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an provider that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- What are good deductibles for a Mazda 2?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Ratings for Mesa auto insurance companies
Choosing a highly-rated company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Arizona. The information in the lists below may help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Cost effective Mazda 2 insurance can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding low-cost Mazda 2 insurance in Mesa
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for Mazda 2 insurance in Mesa is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Arizona. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
An important note is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Car Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Mesa Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)